Saturday, March 31, 2012

Thoughts for Today

Hello everyone!!
I am glad for the comments left on my last post. Some pretty interesting people on here. Thanks once again!

           To start things off, I would like to talk about art. Not about analyzing pictures or anything, but about being good at drawing and creativity in particular. It seems that I do not have a knack for any of that artistic type shenanigans. I don't know why. I can spend an entire week trying to paint a pretty picture, but in the end, it looks fake and ugly. I have come to the conclusion (should be pretty obvious) that some people are just naturally good at art, while others are not. Maybe  its like that saying goes, "Jack of all trades is a master at none". Being creative doesn't just deal with art, but music as well. Cant write a song. Cant draw a picture. I guess some things are just better left alone. Even with practice, I guess there is a skill someone must have to be good at it.
I was at an art festival just a while ago and looking at all the art just depressed me since it is way better than I will ever be. I guess I am just jealous. I am really not trying to sound like I am better, and should be good at it, and I'm just complaining because I do not have my way. I guess its just a "the grass is always greener on the other side" type of reaction. Maybe it is just ambition getting in the way. I still wish I had the skill of drawing things, or making music. Well maybe one day "inspiration" will come to me. Until then, I will stay away from anything creative. I will let my girlfriend deal with the creativity. I still hate the feeling of jealousy. I don't know, is there a skill that anyone wishes they have, but don't? If anyone actually read this, please post your comment below.

Divorce. The rate in the USA is up by what I have heard is around 50%. I will talk about this in a minute. First some background information. When I was first learning how to kiteboard, I got lessons from this guy who was charging around 45 an hour. This rate is much cheaper than anywhere else in town. Basically this guy and his wife had a business teaching others how to kiteboard. Both of them are in their early 20's. Lets name this guy John, and the wife Mary. I got close to John and Mary because of all the lessons I took from them while I was still learning. They seemed like a nice couple, and were always telling me about finding the right someone, as this person will be with me for life. Fast forward to about 2 months ago, I find out that John and Mary are getting a divorce. The story goes that they were staying over at a friends house for about a month since their house was closer than theirs was to a really good nearby beach. Supposedly, while they were there, Mary sleeps with their friends son, or so John says. Talk about a scandal. I talked to the sons father, and with all of them being Christian, I highly doubt that their son slept with Mary. Their father says that their son keeps denying anything even happened. We all believe that John just said he wanted a divorce because he just needed a reason to leave her.
It is sad to see that Mary gave up everything for John. She was talking to me that she had huge dreams to become a teacher, and once she met him, she said that she gave it all up for him. She is now a waitress at a restaurant with no way out. Basically, she has absolutely no money because of all the loans they took out for the business, which they still have yet to pay. In my mind though, who would give EVERYTHING for someone? I can see someone giving up smoking, or drinking, or at least trying to. But giving up your dreams is a huge gamble. With divorce rate so high in the USA, I would never dream about doing this. I mean this in the most respectful way, no man or lady should give up their dreams and aspirations for someone else. Yes, it shows that you love them, but in the end when a divorce is happening, you will always think back to yourself, was it really worth it? The obvious answer is no, because you ended up in a divorce. Maybe I am just being too cruel in my thought process. I would rather have no regrets in life though.

Another thing that has been on my mind is to think about what exactly people working for in this world? Are people working for money? Or are they working in society to better understand themselves? Are they working to be at the top of everything? The reason why I ask is because of this past lottery that took place. Ask yourself honestly, would you really keep working if you won over 100 million dollars? Let me write that number out. $100,000,000. Do you know how much that is? (100 million dollars, of course) but seriously, that is a hell of a lot of money! I mean 1 million is a lot, and is enough to keep people happy for a while. I am pretty sure that if I had that much money, I would still want to be a doctor, because sitting around, and buying random stuff would get boring, or so I assume. What would be your purpose in life if you didn't do anything but spend? Or travel? Or just eat "gourmet conch shells with vodka martini" all day? Then you have to worry about the people who would use you because of all the money you have. Maybe some people will not mind if they are being used. Money changes people though. Too much of it changes people for the worse, most of the time. Yes, since the average person makes around 40-70k a year, that much money would last you 100 years if you can only spend 1 million every year. Just some ideas to consider.

Here is a funny video I promised you guys. It is made by TheAngryGrandpaShow and all credit goes to them. I do not know why I have found it so funny, but when I was a little kid, I was asking myself the same questions about Max and Ruby. I guess it is funny because he is old hes pissed off at a kids show. For those who don't know, Max and Ruby is the picture that first appears when you play the video. Look it up on Youtube if you still don't know what it is.


That is all for now. Sorry if my thoughts were all over the place, I will try to be more organized next time. Thanks for everyone who is following my blog. Oh, and my girlfriend might start posting on this blog as well, so be on the lookout for her. I have no clue what she is going to call herself as her "codename". It should be interesting though. She is the creative one. This is The Blogger MD, until next time!

3 comments:

  1. On art

    Being creative isn't hard. Just don't over analize. Do something, do anything because most people just don't. Learn the rules of composition and how to balance colour too. The thing is though, they are just rules and can be bent and broken as you see fit.

    Also, it helps to not aim for "the best thing of all time" just simply the best you can do. Keep working and reworking until somebody is impressed, then go back and break every limit.

    Also study. Not really art, but anything. Art is the bridge that connects science to philosophy. If you don't have a bases to draw from, you have nothing to create. I mean, I started as a science major lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That actually makes sense. Thanks for your advice. I guess I feel like I am always under pressure to over perform. I will keep it in mind to not aim for the best thing of all time, every time. Thanks for actually reading it too.

      Delete
  2. Good read and funny video bro following ;]

    ReplyDelete